MUTOH Industries Ltd. a leading manufacturer of wide-format inkjet printers, affiliated with Mutoh Holdings Co Ltd., has announced the launch of two new high-quality and high productivity eco-solvent printers: “XpertJet 1682SR and XpertJet1641SR.”
|Mutoh's new XpertJet 1682SR eco-solvent 7-colour printer|
The new platform of "XpertJet" series provides improved usability and reduces operational workload. XpertJet 1682SR/1641SR represent a a new series of Mutoh large-format inkjet printers with a new type of eco-solvent ink, ensuring high quality, high productivity, and user-friendly operation.
The XpertJet 1682SR is a high-speed eco-solvent printer equipped with a staggered dual print head and capable to express smooth gradation with 7-colour ink set. XpertJet 1641SR, with 4-colour ink set, is a single-head model that offers excellent balance of performance, image quality and affordable price range.
The XpertJet series has been re-designed with a stylish appearance with what the company refers to as 'stealth colour.'
Mutoh’s unique 'multi-stage pressurizing mechanism' enhances media feed stability for various media by selecting the mode such as: High for slippery media, Default (middle) for standard PVC sheets and synthetic papers, and Low for thin and soft media. Additionally, media cockling can be minimized by canceling multiple pressure rollers individually.
Mutoh XpertJet 1641SR, 4-colour single-head model
Other features of the XpertJet series:
- High Precision Aluminum Rail Mechanism for high quality and stable printing
- New design allows high usability for front access to ink cartridge holders, LAN cable and power cables
- The built-in colour sensor achieves 'Automatic Bi-Directional adjustment.' It saves operational workload for the calibration, and reduces variation caused from individual operators
- Internal LED lighting helps operator for ease of operating and print status monitoring
- LED warning indicators for each cartridge slot show ink remaining amount status
- Operation panel which will only display keys necessary for desired function.
- Mutoh Status Monitor allows you to check the printer operation status with a smartphone or tablet even from a distance
- Operators loading work efficiency is improved by setting the newly developed media flange from both sides. When the flanges have been mounted in advance, it becomes easy and quick to exchange multiple rolls.
A new eco solvent ink called 'MS41' has high colour development and ease of maintenance. In addition to CMYK 4-colours, light colour ink "Lk ", "Lc" and "Lm" are available in 1Litre bags.
XpertJet 1682SR delivers high-quality printing even at lower resolutions, thanks to the 7-colour configuration.
Following the launch in Japan, XpertJet 1682SR and XpertJet 1641SR will be released sequentially in the US, EMEA and Asia/Oceania.
Further details will be announced in the coming weeks and at PrintEx, where Mutoh Australia is exhibiting on stand C47 in the main hall.