EFI has developed an advanced digital textile ecosystem to enable streamlined fast fashion production workflows and reduce time and cost out of the design and manufacturing process.
Centred around design agility, EFI’s offering includes EFI Reggiani printers, EFI Optitex design and digital showroom solutions, EFI Fiery digital front ends (DFEs), and EFI Reggiani inkjet printers, which allow for design agility.
EFI’s digital textile apparel ecosystem consists of the following components:
1) Design: EFI Optitex 2D and 3D solutions enable selection and preparation of designs, including patternmaking and avatar draping in a digital showroom.
2) Print preparation: EFI Fiery DFE systems quickly and accurately convert designs into printing data, with fast data transfer both to digital inkjet printers and to dedicated cutting systems with superb colour fidelity.
3) Printing: EFI Reggiani printing solutions offer a digital printing process with water based dye-sublimation inks. This eco-friendly, green production technology with water-based inks delivers colours and colour fidelity for fashion designs. EFI Reggiani printers are versatile in their capabilities, and can print with a variety of different inks to support virtually any fabric type for efficient digital production.
4) Image transfer: a heat press from EFI partner Klieverik is used to transfer printed designs from paper onto fabric.
5) Cutting: technologies from EFI partner Zünd automate the cutting process compatible for almost any material to prepare fabrics for sewing.
6) Sewing: automated sewing solutions to create finished garments from printed pieces.
‘This workflow makes it easy to collaborate globally and reduces the cost of both sample making and the manufacture of small-lot apparel,’ said EFI Reggiani vice president and general manager Adele Genoni. ‘It is already revolutionising the fast fashion market by reducing the need to ship expensive samples around the globe, speeding up the design and manufacturing process.’
EFI products for fast fashion applications bring unmatched flexibility to the garment production process, changing the way designers and retailers think about their collections. The digital design and production systems improve the process without compromising on quality, giving designers and retailers tools to develop and sell their best work quickly.
EFI showed its end-to-end workflow for design-to-finished-garment process at the Magic Marketplace event, which took place from 20-23 February at the Las Vegas Convention Center.