Latest wide format news
- Orafol debuts Wrap Courses at its Creative Hub
- JCDecaux Australia defends ‘Chinese propaganda’ billboards
- $A6.5 billion revenue in 3 months but profits hit: Fujifilm update
- New Spicers/3M wrap hits the track in Queensland
- 38 contract terms in 11 Fujifilm small business contracts declared unfair and void
- ACCC opens brief submission period on IVE’s bid for Ovato
- Kornit Digital posts $19m loss in volatile Q2 market; CFO exits
- Video: Ball & Doggett’s PacPrint Sustainability forum
- Esko buys Canadian-based Tilia Labs
- Orafol Germany safeguards energy supply by adding LNG capacity
- First AusSIP exhibit at Jobs Expo promotes Sign careers
- Weaker Yen, increased sales help Mimaki present good Q1 result
by John C. Maxwell
A summary of "The 21 indispensable qualities of a leader - becoming the person others will want to follow"
As business owners and community members we are in positions of leadership and these "qualities" allow us to operate in a manner that is ethical, inspirational and driven.
Courage - One person with courage is a majority
"Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities...because it is the quality which guarantees all others." Winston Chirchill, British Prime Minister
- Courage starts with an inward battle - courage is not the absence of fear, but doing what your are afraid of.
- Courage is making things right, not just smoothing them over - stand up for what you believe, not just what people want you to.
- Your life expands in proportion to your courage - Fear Limits Leaders. "Their desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise" - Tacitus (Roman historian)
The practical things that you can do to improve your communication are:
Face the music - go out and do something to overcome a fear. Do some public speaking (join toastmasters) what ever it is. Do something outside your comfort zone for the sake of growing your courage.
Talk to that Person - if are avoiding confrontation with someone, go and talk to them. Don't do it with aggression, but simply speak the truth.
Take a giant step - take that step you know you should be taking. Whether it is changing careers or starting a new job, talk to your spouse, mentor or trusted friend. If it is right - JUST DO IT.
(© 1995 – 2007 Glen Chapman)