Latest wide format news
- ‘Momentum starting to build’: Bailey's focus on interior décor
- ‘A dream come true’: Massivit 3D goes Hollywood
- OOH oOh! rebrands Adshel, now reaches 90% of Australians
- NZSDA to launch Signee pilot program in April 2019
- Hop broadens market for Hop-Syn GO synthetic papers
- Last chance for $3,000 EPSON cash-back
- ‘Nice problem to have’: Fleetmark QLD wins $35k prize
- Soft signage & textiles: free SGIA webinars for early risers
- ‘Adapt and diversify’: Cactus GM Keith Ferrel
- Spicers offloads its former Tasmanian paper mill
- Signwave sales jump 18% across Australia
- Mimaki becomes founding member of 3D print consortium
Epson is again supporting the fifth FotoFreo international photography festival in Fremantle WA, sponsoring the printing of images by international photographers for exhibition.
As a Gold Sponsor of FotoFreo, Epson is supporting the printing of images for three of the core exhibitions by international photographers - Jean Chung (South Korea), Tears in the Congo; Carrie Levy (USA); and Amy Stein (USA), Stranded.
The images are being printed by Giclée Australia on an award-winning Epson Stylus® Pro 11880 large format printer using Epson UltraChromeK3® ink with Vivid Magenta.
The three photographers have each chosen a different paper stock for their images. Amy Stein chose Epson Premium Semigloss Photo Paper, Jean Chung requested Epson UltraSmooth Fine Art Paper, and Carrie Levy asked for Epson Traditional Photo Paper.
“Epson printers, papers and inks are synonymous with gallery quality prints amongst photographers,” said Craig Heckenberg, Business Unit Manager, Business Solutions Division, Epson Australia.
“Our support for FotoFreo over eight years is part of our ongoing and natural dialogue with photographers, galleries and exhibitions, helping them to showcase the best of their images in the best possible way – with Epson ink and paper,” Craig said.
“Epson has supported FotoFreo: The City of Fremantle Festival of Photography since its inception in 2002 and Epson’s support has grown with the event. Apart from the exhibitions and other program activities during the Festival, FotoFreo is an important meeting place for photographers and photo industry people, and I appreciate Epson’s role in making that all happen,” said Bob Hewitt, Chair of FotoFreo Inc.
Epson has been a Gold sponsor of FotoFreo since its inception in 2002. Since then the event has more than doubled in scale and scope each time it has been held. The festival has established a national and international reputation throughout the photographic community, with the 2008 festival attracting more than 68,000 visitors and is now acknowledged as Australia’s premier photographic festival.
This year the festival runs from 20 March to 18 April with exhibitions at more than 20 venues across Fremantle, Perth and Rottnest Island.