Latest wide format news
- ‘Momentum starting to build’: Bailey's focus on interior décor
- ‘A dream come true’: Massivit 3D goes Hollywood
- OOH oOh! rebrands Adshel, now reaches 90% of Australians
- NZSDA to launch Signee pilot program in April 2019
- Hop broadens market for Hop-Syn GO synthetic papers
- Last chance for $3,000 EPSON cash-back
- ‘Nice problem to have’: Fleetmark QLD wins $35k prize
- Soft signage & textiles: free SGIA webinars for early risers
- ‘Adapt and diversify’: Cactus GM Keith Ferrel
- Spicers offloads its former Tasmanian paper mill
- Signwave sales jump 18% across Australia
- Mimaki becomes founding member of 3D print consortium
DuPont has announced the introduction of DuPont Tyvek Vivia, a coated material for wide-format printing.
DuPont Nonwovens today announced the introduction of DuPont™ Tyvek® Vivia, a coated material for wide-format printing.
DuPont™ Tyvek® Vivia is a recyclable solution that is excellent for printing graphics, resists creases for a more polished look and offers superior durability for indoor and outdoor banner and sign applications.
“The proprietary coating on DuPont™ Tyvek® Vivia is particularly suited for UV-cure inkjet and screen printing. It creates an unusually bright white finish that allows high-quality reproduction of detailed graphics and bold photography,” said Annette Kim, global market leader – DuPont Wide Format. “Tyvek® Vivia also has a fabric-like drape so banners hang well.”
Resembling scrimless vinyl yet smoother to touch, DuPont™ Tyvek® Vivia has the same lightweight strength of traditional DuPont™ Tyvek™ print media, offering excellent tear, puncture, weather and fade resistance. The product’s low memory helps resist creases, curls and wrinkles. These properties, combined with the coating, keep banners looking sharp, indoors and out. To accommodate a wide range of printers and wide-format applications, Tyvek® Vivia can be produced in rolls up to 116 inches wide.
“Sustainability is as integral a business practice to us as providing exceptional quality graphics. Tyvek® Vivia enables us to deliver on both promises, said Paul Lilienthal, president of Pictura Graphics, a provider of wide format solutions for the visual communication marketplace. “In addition to being recyclable, Tyvek® Vivia performs better overall when compared with traditional sign and banner materials, such as PVC. Image reproduction is outstanding, printability is strong, it’s printable on two sides, it is light weight – and all at an affordable price point. This product is going to gain momentum in the marketplace.”