Latest wide format news
- ‘A dream come true’: Massivit 3D goes Hollywood
- OOH oOh! rebrands Adshel, now reaches 90% of Australians
- NZSDA to launch Signee pilot program in April 2019
- Last chance for $3,000 EPSON cash-back
- ‘Nice problem to have’: Fleetmark QLD wins $35k prize
- Soft signage & textiles: free SGIA webinars for early risers
- ‘Adapt and diversify’: Cactus GM Keith Ferrel
- Spicers offloads its former Tasmanian paper mill
- Signwave sales jump 18% across Australia
- Mimaki becomes founding member of 3D print consortium
- New Hexis training dates for January
- ‘Tis the season of the scammer
DES Pty Ltd is pleased to announce the acquisition of Colorite Equipment, effective from March 2007. The acquisition follows DES take over of Colorites position as the master distributor for X-Rite colour management tools in local markets. The amalgamation of these two well-known graphic arts suppliers will create the most comprehensive portfolio of colour management products and services on the market.
David Mulligan, managing director of Colorite Equipment, and Ian Clare, managing director of DES, welcomed the new business agreement that will result in the formation of a major new presence in the colour management industry. Trading under the DES banner, the entity will mean more resources, more technical skills and more local service and support with offices and technical staff in all major centres. DES will be serving the digital imaging, prepress, pressroom, photographic and creative markets, as well as venturing into the colour and appearance for industrial, automotive and medical markets.
Bruce Sinnott recently appointed the National Manager of X-Rite Products, will be working closely with David Mulligan, former owner of Colorite Equipment. David Mulligan will be joining DES as a consultant, in order to assist with the hand over of clients and technical training on the X-Rite products for the Colour and Appearance market.
As industry pioneers in colour management solutions, both of our companies shared many common goals. We are looking forward to further developing training and education, and raising the profile of the X-Rite equipment in the local markets. Commented Ian Clare.
Following the acquisition, for all customers of both companies, it will be business as usual.
The new entity will maintain a sales and service presence in all states and continue to support and maintain all products currently offered by Colorite Equipment and DES.
DES Pty Ltd