Latest wide format news
- ‘Momentum starting to build’: Bailey's focus on interior décor
- ‘A dream come true’: Massivit 3D goes Hollywood
- OOH oOh! rebrands Adshel, now reaches 90% of Australians
- NZSDA to launch Signee pilot program in April 2019
- Hop broadens market for Hop-Syn GO synthetic papers
- Last chance for $3,000 EPSON cash-back
- ‘Nice problem to have’: Fleetmark QLD wins $35k prize
- Soft signage & textiles: free SGIA webinars for early risers
- ‘Adapt and diversify’: Cactus GM Keith Ferrel
- Spicers offloads its former Tasmanian paper mill
- Signwave sales jump 18% across Australia
- Mimaki becomes founding member of 3D print consortium
Dereumaux XL has become the first company in Europe to beta test HP 'top of the range' Scitex FB7500 printer.
Since installing its new HP Scitex FB7500 the company has experienced an increase in its digital capacity; reducing turnaround time on jobs and lowering the cost of production per page.
Dereumaux, a subsidiary of Dereumaux Holding, is based in Eindhoven, the Netherlands, and has more than 100 employees. The company, established in 1922, is a market-leading producer of wide format print and signage for resellers in the graphics market.
Designed to target the screen market, the HP Scitex FB7500 Printer is highly efficient, featuring three-quarter automated loading which reduces loading time between sheets by up to 85 percent(1).
The printer maximises uptime using HP Scitex X2 piezoelectric printheads that are easily accessible and can be replaced and calibrated quickly, without the need for a service call. With these features and print speeds of up to 500m2 per hour the HP Scitex FB7500 Printer delivers the highest productivity of digital flatbed printers in its price class(2), ensuring that it is ideal for print service providers in fast paced production environments such as Dereumaux.
With its ability to produce longer runs of work cost-effectively, the HP Scitex FB7500 Printer has lowered the crossover point between screen and offset printing and digital production, allowing Dereumaux to migrate more jobs to its digital printer and giving its customers the option of variable data printing on longer runs.
"Dereumaux differentiates itself from other companies by fulfilling our customers' orders within very short production times," said Marc Schoenmakers, general manager, Dereumaux. "I am always on the lookout for even faster production opportunities that will allow us to fulfil our customers' requirements quickly while helping us lower the cost of production per page. Now that we have installed the new HP Scitex FB7500 Printer, we can achieve these aims and offer customers extended services including longer runs and variable data work in addition to the production of unique single items."
The HP Scitex FB7500 Printer uses UV-curable inks to achieve vibrant colours with two years outdoor durability(3). For maximum versatility the HP Scitex FB7500 can print on a wide range of flexible and rigid materials and offers users media versatility comparable to that of screen printing equipment.
"We have spent a long time looking for a digital solution to print on rigid materials," said Schoenmakers. "Our new HP printing equipment can print on substrates including rigid media such as forex, styrene, and polycarbonate as well as on flexible media such as paper and banner material. The HP Scitex FB7500 Printer fits the bill perfectly and we can now use the same machine to print a large variety of jobs, including point of purchase and point of sale items, signage, exhibition graphics, backlit display pieces, bus shelters and posters."
(1) Manual loading and unloading of a sheet can take 45 seconds or more; the loadi
ng mechanism reduces that time to no more than nine seconds.
(2) Based on published manufacturer specifications as of July 2008.
(3) HP Scitex FB220 inks offer two years outdoor durability, tested according to ASTM D2565-99.