Held in Las Vegas on January 24, 2018 the 19th annual Connect conference was the venue for the launch of a range of new products.
The new products included:
- EFI VUTEk HS125 Pro and HS100 Pro Fast-4hybrid flatbed/roll inkjet press models that offer a range of super-fast 4-color grayscale modes, with speeds up to 225 boards per hour.
- The EFI VUTEk FabriVU 340i, a soft signage printer that offers fully integrated inline sublimation.
- Version 6 of EFI's Enterprise Commercial, Midmarket Print, Publication, Quick Print, Packaging and Corrugated Packaging Productivity Suites for advanced, end-to-end business and production MIS/ERP workflows.
- EFI MarketDirect, a cross media customer engagement platform that gives printing companies the power to deliver comprehensive management on loyalty programs, offers, newsletters, surveys and other customer communication programs.
- Escada software, EFI's recently acquired, corrugated process control product.
- EFI iQuote technology for enhanced estimating of versioned and variable-data digital print work.
- EFI Optitex 3D Design Illustrator, a plug-in tool for the fashion textile space that enables designers to validate and customise 3D garments in Adobe Illustrator.
|EFI VUTEk HS125 Pro||EFI VUTEk FabriVU 340i|
During his opening keynote speech at Connect, EFI CEO Guy Gecht said, "The new Print is all about putting spectacular images on essentially any material. With digital inkjet technology and automation, the new Print brings immense opportunity in the era of the fourth industrial revolution."
An EFI representative said that the conference had a focus on fast, sustainable, and superior-quality wide- and superwide-format inkjet imaging technologies, including technologies customers can use to move into fast-growing soft signage and industrial packaging applications.
Other businesses to showcase their offerings were, Ricoh, Xerox, Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc. Riso, 3M Commercial Solutions, Aberdeen Fabrics, Duplo, Enfocus, Esko, Kodak Motioncutter, OneVision, Xeikon and Zünd.
There were over 200 sessions covering technical, business management, marketing, commercial print, signage and graphics, packaging and in-plant production.