Latest wide format news
- Industry convergence drives end of SGIA show – Andy McCourt …and birth of Printing United
- EFI unveils new 3.2 metre roll-to-roll LED printer at SGIA
- JOBS, JOBS, JOBS – THE WIDE WORLD OF OPPORTUNITIES
- Roland DG parties on after 30 years
- It’s back on: Fujifilm’s $6.1 billion bid for Xerox revived after court ruling
- Pozitive secures Monti Antonio agency, boosts sales team
- ‘Bridging the gap’ between high school and signage apprenticeships
- Roland DG targets textiles with new Texart RT-640M dye-sub
- ‘Generational change’: three new board members at PIAA
- New VersaWorks 6 RIP Software from Roland DG
- Are you missing accessible markets over 3x bigger than Sign & Display? – Andy McCourt
- "My mind is blown": Fingerprint wins Wrap Like A King ANZ
Epson is again supporting the fifth FotoFreo international photography festival in Fremantle WA, sponsoring the printing of images by international photographers for exhibition.
As a Gold Sponsor of FotoFreo, Epson is supporting the printing of images for three of the core exhibitions by international photographers - Jean Chung (South Korea), Tears in the Congo; Carrie Levy (USA); and Amy Stein (USA), Stranded.
The images are being printed by Giclée Australia on an award-winning Epson Stylus® Pro 11880 large format printer using Epson UltraChromeK3® ink with Vivid Magenta.
The three photographers have each chosen a different paper stock for their images. Amy Stein chose Epson Premium Semigloss Photo Paper, Jean Chung requested Epson UltraSmooth Fine Art Paper, and Carrie Levy asked for Epson Traditional Photo Paper.
“Epson printers, papers and inks are synonymous with gallery quality prints amongst photographers,” said Craig Heckenberg, Business Unit Manager, Business Solutions Division, Epson Australia.
“Our support for FotoFreo over eight years is part of our ongoing and natural dialogue with photographers, galleries and exhibitions, helping them to showcase the best of their images in the best possible way – with Epson ink and paper,” Craig said.
“Epson has supported FotoFreo: The City of Fremantle Festival of Photography since its inception in 2002 and Epson’s support has grown with the event. Apart from the exhibitions and other program activities during the Festival, FotoFreo is an important meeting place for photographers and photo industry people, and I appreciate Epson’s role in making that all happen,” said Bob Hewitt, Chair of FotoFreo Inc.
Epson has been a Gold sponsor of FotoFreo since its inception in 2002. Since then the event has more than doubled in scale and scope each time it has been held. The festival has established a national and international reputation throughout the photographic community, with the 2008 festival attracting more than 68,000 visitors and is now acknowledged as Australia’s premier photographic festival.
This year the festival runs from 20 March to 18 April with exhibitions at more than 20 venues across Fremantle, Perth and Rottnest Island.