Latest wide format news
- It’s back on: Fujifilm’s $6.1 billion bid for Xerox revived after court ruling
- ‘Generational change’: three new board members at PIAA
- New VersaWorks 6 RIP Software from Roland DG
- Are you missing accessible markets over 3x bigger than Sign & Display? – Andy McCourt
- "My mind is blown": Fingerprint wins Wrap Like A King ANZ
- World-first Zünd tools rental program from Starleaton
- ‘End of Inkjet Evolution, time for Revolution' – TheIJC opens
- SCREEN GP announces NIR Dryer for 520HD Inkjet Web Press
- Finalists named in Konica Minolta Specialised Print Awards
- Caldera releases Version 12 of its award-winning RIP software
- Opera House - two bob each-way on the bridge next?
- Canon’s new imagePROGRAF large-format inkjet printers
Global digital print solutions company, Océ Australia recently helped out with the printing of posters for the Motor Neurone Disease Association of NSW and HOME Hospice.
The posters were printed on the company's ColorWave600 TonerPearl wide format printer, using Océ's CrystalPoint technology, at their Sydney showroom.
Pictured is Andy McCourt from Océ Australia with the ColorWave600 TonerPearl wide format printer and one of the posters that it produced for MND NSW and HOME Hospice.
The Motor Neurone Disease Association of NSW is a not for profit organisation that provides support for people with MND and their carers. HOME Hospice is a not for profit organisation that focusses on providing Volunteer Community Mentors for caregivers of people with a terminal illness. These two organisations have formed an alliance which complements existing health services and increases the options available for end of life care.
The posters were used at the National Palliative Care Conference in Perth from 24th to 27th September and will again be used at the MND International Symposium in Berlin from 4th to 10th December.
Océ representative and well known printing industry identity, Andy McCourt said in Sydney this week that Océ was very happy to be able to help the MND NSW and HOME Hospice organisations because the challenges faced by end of life caregivers were considerable. Océ's wide-format specialist Roger Womersley kindly operated the printer and software to produce the posters, each of which took only 35 seconds to print.
The ColorWave600 will print colour accurate posters on uncoated stock such as Tyvec, using its TonerPearl waterproof ink that comes in the form of solid “pearls”. These are melted in the machine before the ink is fired at the paper by the CrystalPoint print head. The ink then instantly solidifies to create a durable waterproof image.
If you would like to know more about MND NSW or HOME Hospice they can be contacted as follows:
MND NSW Tel: 1800 777 175 Website: http://www.mndnsw.asn.au/
HOME Hospice Tel: 1800 132 229 Website: http://www.homehospice.com.au/