Latest wide format news
- Industry convergence drives end of SGIA show – Andy McCourt …and birth of Printing United
- EFI unveils new 3.2 metre roll-to-roll LED printer at SGIA
- JOBS, JOBS, JOBS – THE WIDE WORLD OF OPPORTUNITIES
- Roland DG parties on after 30 years
- It’s back on: Fujifilm’s $6.1 billion bid for Xerox revived after court ruling
- Pozitive secures Monti Antonio agency, boosts sales team
- ‘Bridging the gap’ between high school and signage apprenticeships
- Roland DG targets textiles with new Texart RT-640M dye-sub
- ‘Generational change’: three new board members at PIAA
- New VersaWorks 6 RIP Software from Roland DG
- Are you missing accessible markets over 3x bigger than Sign & Display? – Andy McCourt
- "My mind is blown": Fingerprint wins Wrap Like A King ANZ
HP has announced that it will be launching an addition to its range of large format printers at Viscom in Düsseldorf, 1 - 3 October.
At the show HP will be launching its latest large format printer, which they say will drive change in the industry and allow PSPs to differentiate themselves. Whilst HP are not saying at this stage what machine will be launched, the fact that they say it will drive change could possibly mean that it is another Latex model.
A 1600mm model was rumoured to be on the cards at Pacprint.
Other stand highlights include:
The HP Scitex XP2750 Printer, a 3.2m wide-format UV ink printer with an integrated flatbed module that delivers high-quality output up to 635 x 800dpi (1270 x 1600dpi apparent) on both flexible and rigid media. With a maximum speed of 110m²/hr, the printer is ideal for high-volume environments looking for flexibility of output.
The HP Scitex FB950 Printer - 2.5m hybrid UV printer providing consistent high-quality POP/POS, trade show and event signage on a wide range of rigid(1) or flexible media(2) at high speeds of up to 80m2/hr in billboard mode.
The HP Designjet Z6100 Printer series - aqueous printers with an embedded spectrophotometer available in 42" and 60" models delivering vivid, high-impact prints at high print speeds. The series is ideal for indoor and short-term outdoor banners and large format applications such as posters, photos and fine art prints, drawings, maps and renders
"HP's latest graphic solutions will allow our customers to continue to differentiate their businesses," said Santi Morera, vice president and general manager, Large Format Printing Business, Imaging and Printing Group, HP. "PSPs now have the widest ever portfolio of HP printers to choose from, allowing them to enter new market segments with confidence," said Morera.