Latest wide format news
- Industry convergence drives end of SGIA show – Andy McCourt …and birth of Printing United
- EFI unveils new 3.2 metre roll-to-roll LED printer at SGIA
- JOBS, JOBS, JOBS – THE WIDE WORLD OF OPPORTUNITIES
- Roland DG parties on after 30 years
- It’s back on: Fujifilm’s $6.1 billion bid for Xerox revived after court ruling
- Pozitive secures Monti Antonio agency, boosts sales team
- ‘Bridging the gap’ between high school and signage apprenticeships
- Roland DG targets textiles with new Texart RT-640M dye-sub
- ‘Generational change’: three new board members at PIAA
- New VersaWorks 6 RIP Software from Roland DG
- Are you missing accessible markets over 3x bigger than Sign & Display? – Andy McCourt
- "My mind is blown": Fingerprint wins Wrap Like A King ANZ
In March HP was awarded four ‘Best Product of the Year’ Awards in the European Digital Press Association (EDP) Awards for 2009.
The new HP Designjet L65500 latex ink printer took out the ‘Best Wide Format Printer up to 3m’ and the ‘Best Environmental Digital Printer’ with the HP Designjet latex inks being awarded ‘Best Ink-Jet Ink’. The HP Scitex FB7500 was named ‘Best Flatbed Printer High Production’.
Shane Lucas, Director HP Graphic Arts South Pacific said the EDP Awards were recognised around the world. “It is always gratifying to have our products recognised by leading industry associations such as the EDP. These awards acknowledge HP’s commitment to innovation and to providing Print Service Providers (PSPs) with leading edge solutions to grow their business.”
The EDP acknowledges and rewards the latest developments in research and development in the digital print industry. An EDP award is synonymous with quality and innovation and demonstrates a product’s superior standing in the market.
HP DESIGNJET L65500 – Best Environmental Digital Printer Award and Best Wide Format Printer up to 3m Award
With the environment in mind, HP has created a production printer that can help PSPs gain a competitive edge with odourless prints, no special ventilation required and a range of recyclable substrates that the market is crying out for.
This printer offers outdoor and indoor application versatility with print-quality and display permanence comparable to low-solvent printers. Reducing the impact of printing on the environment with its revolutionary 6-colour HP Latex Ink whilst achieving high resolution up to 1200dpi in a water-based ink.
Applications include banners, exhibition and event graphics, exterior signage, interior decoration, light boxes, murals, POP/POS displays, posters, vehicle graphics, photos, digital fine art, building wraps, and billboards.
HP LATEX INK FOR DESIGNJET L65500 – Best Ink-Jet Ink Award
HP Latex Printing Technologies usher in a new era for environmentally conscious PSPs providing a compelling new alternative. Together HP Latex Inks and HP Thermal Inkjet Technology provide durable output, sharp, vivid image quality, broad outdoor and indoor application versatility, high productivity, and a set of technologies that reduce the total impact of printing on the environment.
HP SCITEX FB7500 – Best Flatbed Printer High Production
Convert production volume to digital with a printer that delivers a throughput of up to 500 m2 (5,380 ft2)/hour. Ideal for high quality applications, this printer offers remarkable media versatility which allows PSPs to print on virtually any sheeted material from paper to thick boards with its fast-curing UV inks that deliver exceptional results.
Applications include directional rigid signage, displays, doublesided backlit, exhibition and event graphics, indoor posters, light boxes, POS/POP displays, rigid exhibition and event graphics and double sided banners.