Latest wide format news
- Industry convergence drives end of SGIA show – Andy McCourt …and birth of Printing United
- EFI unveils new 3.2 metre roll-to-roll LED printer at SGIA
- JOBS, JOBS, JOBS – THE WIDE WORLD OF OPPORTUNITIES
- Roland DG parties on after 30 years
- It’s back on: Fujifilm’s $6.1 billion bid for Xerox revived after court ruling
- Pozitive secures Monti Antonio agency, boosts sales team
- ‘Bridging the gap’ between high school and signage apprenticeships
- Roland DG targets textiles with new Texart RT-640M dye-sub
- ‘Generational change’: three new board members at PIAA
- New VersaWorks 6 RIP Software from Roland DG
- Are you missing accessible markets over 3x bigger than Sign & Display? – Andy McCourt
- "My mind is blown": Fingerprint wins Wrap Like A King ANZ
This year, ProductionServer5, the ColorGATE digital printing solution, was selected by the European Digital Press Association (EDP) as the best software for “RIP solutions for wide format”.
Every year, the publishers of the leading European Digital Graphic Press magazines get together with an independent jury to choose the winners of the European Digital Graphic Press Awards for the best products in the digital graphic press industry.
After receiving this outstanding honour, the ColorGATE flagship is now immediately authorised to bear the coveted EPD Award logo as the “Best RIP Solution For Wide Format Of The Year 2009”.
The EDP Awards honuor the best and most innovative digital press products of the past twelve months that outdo the competition in terms of innovation, quality, value for money and user friendliness.
The publishers of the leading European magazines in the field of digital press belong to the international EDP Association.
The EDP press office produces publications in more than 15 countries and in seven different languages and reaches an audience of more than 240,000 trade professionals. The jury of the EDP Awards is made up of independent digital press advisors, editors and trade professionals from all over Europe.
Flexibility, reliability and speed in production still stand for perfection in digital printing and press services today. According to these standards, ColorGATE technology now offers the universal ProductionServer, already in its fifth generation, providing cross-system RIP software for every type of digital printing application (LFP – Large Format Printing, screen printing film creation, proofing, photo & fine art, professional processing, including cutting). Improved in terms of productivity and quality, the ProductionServer5 is now available on the retail market with new optional modules:
Cost Calculation Module (CCM) to calculate printing costs with subsequent report for reliable printing cost management.
Color Server Module (CSM) for quick color transformation.
“We are very happy that our continuing success in developing and servicing the most customer-oriented production software has been rewarded once again, this time with this coveted international award,” commented Catherine Kirschner, ColorGATE MarCom Manager.
It was also announce that Fujifilm Graphic Systems U.S.A., has selected the ColorGATE RIP to drive all Fujifilm wide-format devices.
ColorGATE Digital Output Solutions