Latest wide format news
- It’s back on: Fujifilm’s $6.1 billion bid for Xerox revived after court ruling
- ‘Generational change’: three new board members at PIAA
- New VersaWorks 6 RIP Software from Roland DG
- Are you missing accessible markets over 3x bigger than Sign & Display? – Andy McCourt
- "My mind is blown": Fingerprint wins Wrap Like A King ANZ
- World-first Zünd tools rental program from Starleaton
- ‘End of Inkjet Evolution, time for Revolution' – TheIJC opens
- SCREEN GP announces NIR Dryer for 520HD Inkjet Web Press
- Finalists named in Konica Minolta Specialised Print Awards
- Caldera releases Version 12 of its award-winning RIP software
- Opera House - two bob each-way on the bridge next?
- Canon’s new imagePROGRAF large-format inkjet printers
Epson has been presented with three of Europe's most distinguished photo and imaging accolades at the Technical Image Press Association (TIPA) Awards 2009.
The Epson Stylus Photo PX800FW has been named Best Multifunction Photo Printer in 2009', the Epson Stylus Pro GS6000 has won 'Best Large Format Printer in 2009' and the Epson EH-TW5000 was named 'Best Expert Photo Projector in 2009'
TIPA has 29 member magazines from thirteen countries, making it one of the largest and most influential photographic and imaging press associations globally. Every year, TIPA editors vote for the best products introduced in Europe during the previous 12 months, taking into account innovation, the use of leading-edge technology, design and ergonomics, ease-of-use and, significantly in the current economic climate, the price to performance ratio. These three accolades follow a tradition of success for Epson at the TIPA Awards.
Barbara Kuhr, Head of Strategic Marketing at Epson Europe, said: "Our commitment to continued investment into research and development has resulted in the creation of innovative photo and imaging products for over 40 years. We are extremely honoured to receive three TIPA Awards this year and this recognition further fuels our desire to continue providing our customers with new, industry leading digital imaging technology."
Epson's large format printer technology was rewarded for the second year in a row with the Epson Stylus Pro GS6000 picking up 'Best Large Format Printer in 2009'. The TIPA judges commented: "The Epson Stylus Pro GS6000 features an Epson developed 8-colour solvent ink set. This professional large format printer delivers long-lasting prints, up to 64" wide for both indoor and outdoor and enables printing on coated or non-coated substrates like vinyl. Print resolutions up to 1440x1440 dpi resolution and high speeds up to 25 sqm/h give a great performance in quality and productivity. In combination with Epson UltraChrome? GS inks the Epson Stylus Pro GS6000 offers a wider gamut from 8-colours and the efficiency of large 950ml cartridges."