Latest wide format news
- Industry convergence drives end of SGIA show – Andy McCourt …and birth of Printing United
- EFI unveils new 3.2 metre roll-to-roll LED printer at SGIA
- JOBS, JOBS, JOBS – THE WIDE WORLD OF OPPORTUNITIES
- Roland DG parties on after 30 years
- It’s back on: Fujifilm’s $6.1 billion bid for Xerox revived after court ruling
- Pozitive secures Monti Antonio agency, boosts sales team
- ‘Bridging the gap’ between high school and signage apprenticeships
- Roland DG targets textiles with new Texart RT-640M dye-sub
- ‘Generational change’: three new board members at PIAA
- New VersaWorks 6 RIP Software from Roland DG
- Are you missing accessible markets over 3x bigger than Sign & Display? – Andy McCourt
- "My mind is blown": Fingerprint wins Wrap Like A King ANZ
DuPont has announced the introduction of DuPont Tyvek Vivia, a coated material for wide-format printing.
DuPont Nonwovens today announced the introduction of DuPont™ Tyvek® Vivia, a coated material for wide-format printing.
DuPont™ Tyvek® Vivia is a recyclable solution that is excellent for printing graphics, resists creases for a more polished look and offers superior durability for indoor and outdoor banner and sign applications.
“The proprietary coating on DuPont™ Tyvek® Vivia is particularly suited for UV-cure inkjet and screen printing. It creates an unusually bright white finish that allows high-quality reproduction of detailed graphics and bold photography,” said Annette Kim, global market leader – DuPont Wide Format. “Tyvek® Vivia also has a fabric-like drape so banners hang well.”
Resembling scrimless vinyl yet smoother to touch, DuPont™ Tyvek® Vivia has the same lightweight strength of traditional DuPont™ Tyvek™ print media, offering excellent tear, puncture, weather and fade resistance. The product’s low memory helps resist creases, curls and wrinkles. These properties, combined with the coating, keep banners looking sharp, indoors and out. To accommodate a wide range of printers and wide-format applications, Tyvek® Vivia can be produced in rolls up to 116 inches wide.
“Sustainability is as integral a business practice to us as providing exceptional quality graphics. Tyvek® Vivia enables us to deliver on both promises, said Paul Lilienthal, president of Pictura Graphics, a provider of wide format solutions for the visual communication marketplace. “In addition to being recyclable, Tyvek® Vivia performs better overall when compared with traditional sign and banner materials, such as PVC. Image reproduction is outstanding, printability is strong, it’s printable on two sides, it is light weight – and all at an affordable price point. This product is going to gain momentum in the marketplace.”