Latest wide format news
- It’s back on: Fujifilm’s $6.1 billion bid for Xerox revived after court ruling
- ‘Generational change’: three new board members at PIAA
- New VersaWorks 6 RIP Software from Roland DG
- Are you missing accessible markets over 3x bigger than Sign & Display? – Andy McCourt
- "My mind is blown": Fingerprint wins Wrap Like A King ANZ
- World-first Zünd tools rental program from Starleaton
- ‘End of Inkjet Evolution, time for Revolution' – TheIJC opens
- SCREEN GP announces NIR Dryer for 520HD Inkjet Web Press
- Finalists named in Konica Minolta Specialised Print Awards
- Caldera releases Version 12 of its award-winning RIP software
- Opera House - two bob each-way on the bridge next?
- Canon’s new imagePROGRAF large-format inkjet printers
DES Pty Ltd is pleased to announce the acquisition of Colorite Equipment, effective from March 2007. The acquisition follows DES take over of Colorites position as the master distributor for X-Rite colour management tools in local markets. The amalgamation of these two well-known graphic arts suppliers will create the most comprehensive portfolio of colour management products and services on the market.
David Mulligan, managing director of Colorite Equipment, and Ian Clare, managing director of DES, welcomed the new business agreement that will result in the formation of a major new presence in the colour management industry. Trading under the DES banner, the entity will mean more resources, more technical skills and more local service and support with offices and technical staff in all major centres. DES will be serving the digital imaging, prepress, pressroom, photographic and creative markets, as well as venturing into the colour and appearance for industrial, automotive and medical markets.
Bruce Sinnott recently appointed the National Manager of X-Rite Products, will be working closely with David Mulligan, former owner of Colorite Equipment. David Mulligan will be joining DES as a consultant, in order to assist with the hand over of clients and technical training on the X-Rite products for the Colour and Appearance market.
As industry pioneers in colour management solutions, both of our companies shared many common goals. We are looking forward to further developing training and education, and raising the profile of the X-Rite equipment in the local markets. Commented Ian Clare.
Following the acquisition, for all customers of both companies, it will be business as usual.
The new entity will maintain a sales and service presence in all states and continue to support and maintain all products currently offered by Colorite Equipment and DES.
DES Pty Ltd