Latest wide format news
- Industry convergence drives end of SGIA show – Andy McCourt …and birth of Printing United
- EFI unveils new 3.2 metre roll-to-roll LED printer at SGIA
- Pozitive secures Monti Antonio agency, boosts sales team
- Roland DG parties on after 30 years
- ‘Bridging the gap’ between high school and signage apprenticeships
- It’s back on: Fujifilm’s $6.1 billion bid for Xerox revived after court ruling
- Roland DG targets textiles with new Texart RT-640M dye-sub
- ‘Generational change’: three new board members at PIAA
- New VersaWorks 6 RIP Software from Roland DG
- Are you missing accessible markets over 3x bigger than Sign & Display? – Andy McCourt
- "My mind is blown": Fingerprint wins Wrap Like A King ANZ
- World-first Zünd tools rental program from Starleaton
EFI have announced that EFI's VUTEk QS Series r Ink has been approved by the Nordic Ecolabelling Board.
Print companies may now refer to the approved ink when documenting their application for a Nordic Ecolabelling license. In order to achieve Nordic Ecolabelling status, printing companies agree to follow a certain criteria set, which includes the use of approved media and ink including the VUTEk QS Series r Ink.
Established in 1989 by the Nordic Council of Ministers, the Nordic Ecolabel's goal is a sustainable society through sustainable consumerism. Commonly known as the Swan logo, it is the official ecolabel of the Nordic countries, and it covers 66 product categories, including cleaning products, furniture, toys, hotels, restaurants and printing businesses. Over 200 printing companies throughout Sweden, Norway, Iceland, Denmark and Finland are ecolabel-licensed, meaning they have shown that they and their entire supply chain meet a number of environmental requirements, which make them some of the least polluting businesses in the printing industry.
The voluntary approval process for inks consists of tests for environmentally harmful substances, health hazards, problematic chemicals, volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and heavy metals such as lead and mercury. The VUTEk QS Series r Ink is one of the industry's first inks to be approved for referencing within a print business's application for a Nordic Ecolabelling license.
"The QS Series r Ink is a great example of the company's long-held commitment to the environment," says Scott Schinlever, vice president/general manager EFI Rastek and EFI Ink Business. "EFI wholeheartedly agrees with the Nordic Ecolabel's goal of sustainable society through sustainable consumerism, and we're proud to offer yet another eco-friendly product to our customers."